Monday, November 1, 2010

Tuesday AM. Santa Cruz: Irony

As anyone who heard me talk about our upcoming trip knows, I was eagerly awaiting the opportunity to see the giant tortoises. So, the morning that the group was scheduled to visit the Darwin Research Center, I spent the time in a dentist's chair dealing with an abscessed tooth. Bummer!

From a different perspective, I was lucky that (1) the problem manifest itself
before we visited Santa Cruz, the island with the largest permanent population, (2) the ship's doctor was able to prescribe for the pain, arrange for the visit to the dentist, and accompany me there, and (3) not least, the young woman endodentist was excellent. As I said afterwards, if I lived nearby, I would certainly go to her. But she only dealt with half the problem, clearing the infection and cleaning the area mechanically. I need a root canal as soon as I get back to the States.


No comments:

Post a Comment