Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Checking out the home territory

In between the laundry and provisioning, I checked out the "vegetable garden" -- Jack has obviously been taking good care of the plants in my absence-- though come to think of it he also takes care of them when I'm here!

I made a quick comparative study

of "beach roses" --
here's Saturday's photo from Ockero, and

today's from Lord's Point.






We had the first sail of the year - Jack was happy!
The wind was from the northeast -- unusual for this time of year, so the Orr flag was a little deceptive.



There were some strong gusts in the channel. We completed our ritual first sail around Latimer light.





















And I dealt with final details of two lingering papers. All in all a good day. Long may they last!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. Home looks good. Veggies look great, and glad you got a sail in.

    ReplyDelete