Thursday, March 10, 2011

A simple day


I woke up this morning to a strange phenomenon -- it was raining! Which made a good reason to "dispense" with postcolonial theory (i.e., send my notes to my co-author) and work on my graphic novel so Troll was able to read the completed chapters. And the dinged-dishwasher was swapped out and a date made with the wallpaperhanger, so it was a rainy morning well spent. But I didn't do any drawing.

On reflection, I am becoming a bit too quick with the technical part of my graphic novel construction -- some panels look "sloppy". All along I have said that my goal is to get the whole piece in first draft form and then return for corrections - if I have time. But now I think that a few days of reflection on content will serve me well.

No drawing class this evening (Spring break), replaced by attending a performance of The Crucible at Sarasota Opera. I found the operatic adaptation (sung in English but with subtitles) of Salem witchcraft trials immortalized in the play of the same name by Arthur Miller much more "spine-chilling" than the Italian stories we had previously attended, but the performance didn't produce the shouts of "bravo" and standing ovation by the audience similar to Il Lombardi. Too bad.

1 comment: