Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dilemmas of reading

I'm desperately trying to finish a library book before I return it tomorrow because we head north first thing on Friday morning. I'm only about half way through, so I need to decide on a strategy: read all night, finish it, and then be exhausted, or read the first line of each paragraph and hope to follow the story through to the end, or read as much as I can and borrow it from Stonington Library to finish, or jump to the last few chapters, read them and know how the story goes. Or, I could discard it completely and spend my time reading Managing as Designing, which I've owned since July 2009 and am only just know finding out how good (parts) of it is (are).

And to forestall a comment, the book is The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. I picked it off the shelf of new books by the circulation desk because it looked like a "light read" for the beach. Actually, I'm not enjoying it all that much ....

No comments:

Post a Comment