Sunday, December 19, 2010

'Twas the Sunday before Christmas and ...

This Christmas spirit thing seems to be good for other work as well! Today I accomplished several "around the edges" tasks for the three research projects I'm nurturing, plus received a final proofing task for a book chapter due to be published early next year. The editor is decent enough to give us a couple of weeks to complete the task. I must do it before conference papers to review start hitting my in box.

This afternoon Jack and I "discovered" the Mystic Seaport Annual Community Carol Sing. I say discovered because it's been happening every year since some time in the 1960s, but this is the first time we realized it existed. The 400-500 people who were there obviously knew about it too -- and several of them have been coming for more than 20 years. It was great, made so by an excellent director, the Seaport Choir and Brass Quartet. I think we sang every known Christmas carol and song - for about an hour and a half. Much more lively and fun than carols in church, though Jack pointed out church would be warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment