Saturday, December 4, 2010

I'm back!

Lynda's "nagging" (role reversal?) because she glimpsed the Galapagos pics "in process" has persuaded me to return to this medium -- and post the Galapagos pictures below. But, watch out, this will be an area for scholarly reflection rather than details of daily actives .... I wonder for how long?

So, having made many more kitchen-decisions -- including how to deal with a 1/4 inch lack of clearance between a drawer and the oven handle, flying "the diagonal" to eat turkey with Mary, Mark, Alexis and Ethan in Gig Harbor, WA, redoing my graphic novel "concrete" (formerly known as an abstract) based on critique by my Ringling College instructor, Michael White, I am now hunkered down with a pile of reading for four research projects that appear to be happening concurrently. I assume that at some point they will all "come together" and allow me to profess on a particular topic, but for now they seem like discrete and quite different topics - design and ... professional identity, leadership, art/organization, an ironic perspective ... With all that heady stuff I'm sure you can hardly wait for the next post!

I did go in search of some novels to break up the boredom
of reading scholarly work. Plenty of books that need reading there, too!





1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! and thanks for reposting the photo albums. What an amazing place. Love the sleepy sea lions.

    ReplyDelete