Sunday, December 5, 2010

Excitement is in the mind/heart of the user

The only "excitement" (sic) of the day was to finally put my fingers to the keyboard on a paper review for a journal. I'd "given back" a favor to the editor by agreeing to do it, sight unseen, and soon found out why she was overjoyed when I agreed. No wonder three or four others had refused once they saw the abstract! I find it really hard when I just don't like a manuscript to provide some constructive (positive) critique. I've written 2/3 page for the author - that should be enough. I just need to read it once more to make sure that my emotions have not got the ether of me before I upload it.

I had a brilliant idea - to go to Home Depot (again!) and buy a carton of the pattern of (fake) wood flooring we are thinking of installing, lay it out on our floor, and return if we do not like it. So much for a good idea - Home Depot actually stocked only three patterns in this range, and our choice was not one of them! I'll have to come up with another idea! Or do what almost everyone else seemed to be
doing today - buying Christmas trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment