Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pictures, pictures everywhere ...

and none for today's post!

It seems as if I am confronted with "pictures" at every turn -- person and people of the year (Time), 289 pictures for 365 days (Business Week), graphic novels on bookshelves, special issues of the New Yorker just for cartoons of the year, and scads of e-photos jamming up my hard drive. So why is it so hard to take photo that reflects today? Maybe because it was just an every-day day: domestic activities, scholarly activities, connection activities. The ordinary is no longer worth remembering.

Should I go even more graphic and give up blogging for updating my Facebook page, or return to Twitter? After all, I abandoned Dilly Witherspoon in Second Life a couple of years ago; I wonder if she is still watching the skating ring? Just like trees falling in the forest.

'Nuff ruminating.

No comments:

Post a Comment