Saturday, February 5, 2011

Children of all ages ...

The only thing that wasn't great about our Circus Sarasota experience today was my photos - I just can't capture the excitement of the acts! One shot I thought would be great - then the spotlights swung round, right into the lens! And the last act was so daring that I just grasped the edge of my seat and couldn't let go to use he camera!

This is the third year in a row that we've seen the annual show, and it was interesting to see how some acts were similar, and others different variations of classics. It's just one ring, with a couple of animal acts -- horses and dogs -- plus lots of aerobatics. I was surprised how few clowns there were-just one roaming the stands, plus a couple of clown acts. It got a mixed review in the local paper, but we certainly had our $15's worth! I've nominated "the American Circus" as an example of the "confluence of art, design, and organization" in chapter 4 of my graphic novel, and I haven't changed my mind after this evening. That's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment