Monday, February 14, 2011

Wanderings

I've been "off station" for a few days. Sometimes I've been at my drawing board rather than at my computer - I've been drawing chairs this week, using different materials and different angles for the chairs. I thought it would be an easy task, but it's turned out to be much more difficult than I thought. I still can't draw a straight line, and none of my drawings looked as if you could actually sit in the chair. Tomorrow I'll try something else. I'm under the impression that practice is what I need - and I find that I get to a point where I know I don't have sufficient skill to render a good likeness, so I might as well switch to something else.

I've also been "off site", visiting friends of many years who winter in Kissimmee. We went to a nice band concert Sunday afternoon (think high school band grown up and retired!) on a campus of Florida Southern University (FSU) that had several buildings designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. All well and good, provided you are vertically challenged.

Then today I "wandered" through several different files and projects dealing with administrivia and weekend emails. I started serious reading on postcolonialism for the paper Jeanie and I are presenting in Naples (IT not FL). That means my graphic novel is on hold for a while -- although I know I'm continuously processing how I'm going to present Chapter 2 - Experts' views.

Weather is getting warmer again with blue skies. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment