Friday, April 8, 2011

and so to the end

of our time in Florida. Last night was my last drawing class (there's one more for everyone else) and time to review "focus on ..." and "next, think of ..." with the instructor. The in-class exercise was wicked complex -- two dancing skeletons amid a mass of bottles and glasses. (we studenst lamented that the bottles were empty.) I had to resort to just tackling parts of the composition of and making my drawing very small. But that was a breakthrough of sorts -- a composition isn't necessarily the whole scene.





Now my sketch-book/journal is up-to-date; I'm taking a few tools north with me, and the rest are packed away.

I've completed my other academic work according to plan, the "New Perspectives in Design Management" book is published (finally), I've started my proceedings editing task for EAM-I, and I have an interesting summer conference schedule ahead.

Already I've forgotten the angst of the kitcehn remodel - probably because everything is functioning perfectly. Even the chili apron is at home in its new spot.

Judging from all the comments I've received on my "blues" Facebook posting, most readers know I am mostly packed. Now to return the internet box and head north first thing tomorrow mornng ... looking forward to seeing friends along the way and back in Connecticut.

Not sure when I will next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment