Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Excitement

I've been bitten by a FIRE ant! The creature looks like a regular ant but the bite is ugly -- and I have a ring of them around my ankle. I must have got them when I walked through the grass on the way back from the beach yesterday. I noticed red bumps with puss centers round my ankle during the evening, and by today there were itching furiously. Time to Google to discover the cause - and remedies -- such as Worcestshire sauce. I settled for a good soap and water scrub followed by cortisone cream. They look and feel better this evening.

Such mladies haven't disturbed my producitivity. The Nordes position paper on designer idenities is ready for its final read before sending, and I've made good headway on techniques for "working in the gutter" in my graphic novel. My "book room" is tidy and ready to ship north -- although perhaps not as great an accomplishment as Jack's "deep cleaning" regimen. I'd better not let my drawing class hear about that - when I showed "gesture studies" of Jack loading the dishwasher other class members were flabergasted that my husband 'did dishes"!

1 comment:

  1. yuk! do you think it was just one ant, or an army of them? hope that your ankle is much better today.

    ReplyDelete