Friday, April 1, 2011

Stranger and stranger

Maybe because it's all fools day I seems to be immersed in strange happenings. For one, I finally remembered to search online for the name of a tree with bright yellow flowers that blossom before the leaves appear. It's called a Silver Trumpet Tree -- I get the trumpet part --but silver?

You'll never guess what I am doing looking through a peep-hole in this
photo -- NO! it's not what you might think I'm looking at! I'm at the latest exhibition, Voyeur, of the S-aRt-Q artist's group where my drawing instructor is a member. This year each artist had an "installation" viewed through a peep-hole. The whole exhibit was in a garage-space and consisted of a wall with about eight peepholes- one for each artist's work. One appeared to be goldfish swimming, another was a white line that grew and faded, and my instructor had a 60 second video made from 3000 still photos. Strange.

Perhaps not so strange has been finally settling down to work on the bibliography for my graphic novel. I'm being very disicplined and making sure that entries (with abstracts and URL links) are all in Endnote. Maybe it just feels strange to do this sort of "drudge-work."

No comments:

Post a Comment