Monday, April 4, 2011

Poor nomad behaviors and other frustrations


Today did not go well at all. For one thing I checked on the "stuff" that needs to go north with me at the end of this week - what a terrible nomad I am! Why do I cart so much around with me? I must do better next time!

I had a great idea for how to improve my use of "gutters" in my graphic novel after a colleague chided me for not taking them into account. But I couldn't make it work -- then I remembered the sensation was just like starting my "art comic" process. In that case I thought I would never be able to do it - but finally I learned how to do it to a satisfactory point. ... And stayed there without pushing myself any further. So thank you for the critique, MJ, ... assuming that one day I will be able to deal with the situation appropriately.

Not even my drawing proatuce went according to plan. I purchased some ink and a brush to work in a more "free-flowing" way, but I couldn't get the consistency of the ink right, or maybe the brush was too stiff, or maybe the folds I was trying to draw were too"foldy", or ...

And it's only Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment