Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fragments

Of a journal article submitted last year ... finally made contact with the editor of JIBE (Jeanie and I were ready to pull our manuscript because we hadn't had an acknowledgement of our submission on Nov 20 or any response to follow-ups). Don't know why the editor's emails hadn't reached Jeanie. But good news is that one favorable review back, second pending. Hope it will be in Nov 09 issue that goes to (electronic) "press" at end of month.

Of an emerging framework for a design thinking literature review .... temporarily abandoned the wheel in favor of a classic table for sorting out categories. Need to complete a cursory review of the main themes in the design thinking discourse to define the segments of the wheel.

Of a long overdue report .... really, really tried to stay focused on my report on why the Welch College Assurance of Learning Committee and A-2 leadership decided to switch from the ETS to the BITE to assess undergraduate's knowledge of core business concepts. The AACSB consultant suggested this documentation when he visited last August, and I promised to do it. Lots of searching, finding, and emailing Lynda for reports to create the background for the story. But the story itself is not yet written. I MUST finish it before I meet with Associate Dean Rupendra on Thursday.

Reflecting on the subtext of the story I have yet to write, I see why I have been so reluctant. I put so much energy into the reports, trying to present the data so all possibilities could be considered, yet only the economists would face up to the possibility that maybe the curriculum was at least part of the issue. (They made changes to course content, with corresponding results.) Now, doing my own quick analysis of the FA09 BITE results, the issue is even more striking. Thank heavens I will not be there to try to make faculty take off their rose colored glasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment