Saturday, January 16, 2010

Next phase ... perhaps

I've given myself permission to do a "slow read" of the basic texts underlying design management and design thinking. It's a treat not to be rapid-skimming through articles and books to quickly find the quote I need for an argument in a paper. Instead I will read every page slowly enough to understand the author's intentions, and make some notes afterwards.

This promises to be a long process, if my progress with Schon's "Reflective Practitioner" is anything to go by. But I hope I'll keep it up until the next paper crowds in.

And talking of next assignments, I have been receiving emails of late from someone at Umea University in central Sweden about a conference or book project that I know nothing about other than its title of, "On the shoulders of giants," I can only only assume that Ulla committed us to it because her name is also on the distro list. The messages are in English, saying things like, "Here's the template everyone should be following," but the template and other details are in Swedish! I hope I find out when Ulla returns from Australia next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment