Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Identity(s) work -

And not much else!

I now have an official identity at four libraries! (Others are Sarasota Public Library, SHU, and U. Gothenburg.) Apart from obvious reference books, I wonder how many (print) books are held by all the libraries (i.e., same book in each collection, not the total number of books held by all). I don't think I'll try to find out!

My postcard-souvenier from the Yale Art Gallery is not a picture - but it gives me a clue in my identity quest. I need a "studio experience". I understand how designers/artists work, and I've worked with some while they were designing. But I've never struggled with the process myself. And I won't have a "real" Business & Design Lab identity until I do. So what to do? I've started to peruse recreation department and continuing ed catalogs. I'm not sure I'll even have a choice other than "watercolors for beginners." (And I haven't even found that class yet.) Technique is not what I'm seeking - it's the struggle and inspiration of the process.


One identity is secure: the Pie Lady is back! I would like to call this the "Xtreme cheating pie," but technically it falls into
the "M" category (mincemeat-pumpkin.) I had plans to make real mincemeat and real English (small individual) mince-pies. But that didn't happen. Maybe next time. This one recieved a 3 pie rating from the Chief Taster.


No scholarly academic identity today -- I didn't even complete the one review I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment