Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's hard to believe that I spent four hours today on a photo assignment, and do not have a single image to show for it. No, I did not lose my camera or corrupt the chip -- it was a Photoshop class where the instructor talked-and-showed for four hours non-stop! I do now have a 14 page handout and disk with special photos so I can reproduce the session for myself. I wonder how many hours that will take! The class was the instructor's learned-by-trial-and-error techniques for using the program, and he had some good tips, plus a long list of things not to touch! Two parts in particular - never use the organizing module and use a 1/4 to 1/2 inch soft brush to select parts of images - were well worth the cost of class for me. They will be incredibly valuable for my graphic novel work.

I do have a photo of the missing counter piece that was installed in my absence, though we can't use it till tomorrow. Now we're ready to select the tiles for the wall area between the counter-top and upper cabinets. That's a task for tomorrow too.

I was tempted to jump in to a new Barefoot Contessa cookbook Sue gave me Christmas, but decided it would be better to get used to the new environment using tried-and-true recipes. Tonight's meatloaf was yummy, so I'll be ready for a chili apron adventure soon! (Reference to February posts on my Sabbatical Blog.)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Have fun tile shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about the new recipes. Share any you like.

    ReplyDelete