Friday, November 13, 2009

Conundrum

Yesterday I used the last page of Research Daybook 8 (started 4/10/07). Some time ago I picked out Daybook #9 and have been carrying it about in case I finished the current one. But now, can I find the new one? No! I've looked in every place I can think of. Not there. I have a couple of other empty books that I could use, but I'm sure that as soon as I actually write in one of them, my chosen book will appear -- and it's against the rules to switch without using every page. What shall I do -- have no new research ideas or plans? (Or "grow up" and not take these notebooks so seriously?)

Unable to generate new ideas (ha!), I spent my workday doing some linguistic editing - or "De-swinglishing" as it is affectionately called. I worked on a couple of interesting papers on user-driven innovation. It's a clandestine way of learning about current topics!

I read a few more pages of Tim Brown's book. I'm enjoying it less now -- I'm finding his "narrative" lacking in structure - or recognizable themes. Ever so often there's a page that makes absolute sense, but the context for that particular thought is elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment