Monday, November 9, 2009

There's more to design ...

Yesterday I was on a high because I realized that I understood the design experience. Today I came crashing down when I started to read chapter 3 in Tim Brown's new book. He writes, ".. with all epiphanies, that's where the hard work begins. It is one thing to witness the power of design and even to participate in it, quite another to absorb it into one's thinking and patiently build it into the structure of an organization. " (Change by Design, p. 63). Clearly, I have a lot more learning and experiencing to do.

Today's milestone was dumping my cork collection -- patiently
collected one bottle at a time ever
since I made the cork wreath that
hangs in the kitchen. All those interesting designs on corks with little value; even the designer knows they will be discarded - and usually much sooner than I did.









No comments:

Post a Comment