Monday, November 23, 2009

Switching coasts

One of the good/bad things about going away for a festive weekend is finishing work due before/not having enough time to do everything needed on the project. In the last couple of days I sent back my piece to coauthors of three different papers/proposals. I'm hoping for a few days of peace, but past experience suggests that they too will try to get work off their desk before the holiday. How many times can we trade drafts before turkey day on Thursday?

On the 2,800 mile flight across the land mass of the US I started to read Peter Rowe's "Design Thinking." For the trip I decided to pick the oldest unread book on this topic from my collection, and it is providing me with good background on the topic. I especially enjoyed the first chapter with various case studies of the architectural design process, and the second chapter fills in theory on different forms of decision theory -- which I believe I've met before as "design methods."

So, now I'm on the "left coast".

No comments:

Post a Comment