Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Other designs

Today I interacted with three very different artifacts from different design processes.

First, a YouTube video of a product of son-in-law Steve's designing. (He's the co-CEO not mentioned in the video)

Second, the W-pie from my quest to prepare a pie for every letter
the alphabet. The W-pie, more formerly known as the "Woodilla indulgence pie" is a completely new design -- the crust prepared from Jack's favorite cookies --Oreos-- and the filling from my mother's famous World War II mocha mousse, prepared from non-rationed ingredients (no cream, butter, or eggs). Photo is of the first prototype, next iteration will be a little different.

Third, a redesign of some of the papers (photo on left) from my archives, including my dissertation research (3 boxes) and teaching notes from courses I taught at Central Connecticut State University more than a decade. From the redesign I have the papers and office supplies below while the rest of the paper, below far right, will be recycled -- much improved design!








No comments:

Post a Comment