Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guy Fawkes Night

.. and I almost forgot to "remember, remember, the fifth of november, gunpowder, treason and plot ....

Jack and I had a "fire drill" if not fireworks when "we" (my glass, Jack's action) caused a glass of red wine to spill on the white carpet in the TV room. Tried white wine (bother's remedy) and club soda (Google) before deciding that since the carpet was ruined anyway, we might as well take it onto the deck, hose it off, and try a good dose of Spray and Wash. It looks as if the stain is gone, but I imagine it will be back when the carpet dries -- and all sorts of strange things will probably happen to the shape and texture.

I'd take a photo, but my camera died.

I haven't forgotten about design -- registered for an event for Rotman (U. Toronto) alumni on Design Thinking next week in NYC. Amazing what one can do over the internet! I'd just finished reading Roger Martin's book on design thinking so decided I'd better get started on Tim Brown's latest offering on the same topic. I'm enjoying Brown's version much more than Martin's. But it's interesting to compare how two gurus spin the same fad topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment