Thursday, September 9, 2010

Coming back from the sea


We started the process of "de-commissioning" Wind 'n' Go for the season -- here I am bringing in the sails. Tomorrow morning early Jack will take her to Dodson Boatyard for haul-out, then he'll drive back here to her winter quarters in our "boatyard". It's a sad event because another summer and sailing season are over -- we managed only 24 sails in Wind 'n' Go plus one in the little Pilot (still without a name -- and I don't think she'll get one till next year.)

I've started to ease back into academic work. I finished two final revisions to editor's comments for book chapters that Ulla and I have coauthored, one on Mary Parker Follett for a collection, "On the shoulders of giants", and one on design thinking, appreciative inquiry and sustainability for "Advances in Appreciative Inquiry." To your question, "What's appreciative inquiry?" I know nothing -- or next to nothing - about what it is. You'll have to buy the book!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. It is sad to mark the end of summer, but fall is such a wonderful season--let's hope it's a long fall and a short winter.

    Will you be posting any of the back to school pictures mentioned earlier in your left-coast blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do back-to school tomorrow and hop farm on Saturday

    ReplyDelete