Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday walkabouts

I seem to have no time to think, let alone reflect for my blog. What is happening to my personal re-design? Have I become sedimented as someone who chases from the Business School to the Design School (about half a mile) and back several times a day like a dog chasing its own tail?

Today started at the Business & Design Lab Offices to do some printing, then headed for the Business School for a morning-long meeting on AACSB. Head back to BDL, then off to the School of Design and Crafts for a lunch-time seminar. Connect with Pascal, the graphic designer, about the final copy for the Hot Pot book.
Pop into the Design Museum on my way back to the Business School to catch an exhibition of master's in textile design thesis work by students from Boras University. Stop in BDL to pick up computer, down to Business School to try to get help with my mobile internet stick (as I thought the code does not belong to the stick -- and the person who can give me a new one wasn't there.


Back to the BDL,
coordinate schedules for tomorrow with Ulla, home to change, off to Town Hall for a reception for international
students, researchers and professors visiting Gothenburg University and Chalmers Institute of Technology (we did go there by tram). Home again and I'm glad to sit and do nothing.

In all of this I cannot recollect a single thought about design management or design thinking, or -- heaven forbid! -- a frame for my graphic novel! I've already forgotten yesterday which was spent in a seminar with PhD students on close readings of design management texts, learning about research into brand recognition in large Turkish companies by a visiting PhD student from Istanbul, and the Reality Studios project in Kismo, Keyna from Professor Maria Nordstrum of HDK. Tomorrow I'll shut the office door and out the pieces together!

No comments:

Post a Comment