Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday - end of workweek

Today was quiet, with time for me to create a conceptual network among the various learning and research situations I have encountered during the past week, and to try to find an "interesting angle" that I can develop further. The connection between ethnomethodological ways of understanding everyday actions and designerly ways of thinking/acting intrigue me, so I will follow up on that. A day -- or at least an hour or two -- in the library of "real books" is called for.

A day without some sort of social gathering does not seem to happen here. Today was the farewell reception for Rolf, Wolff, the exiting Dean of the School of Business, Economics and Law. I couldn't understand the speeches in Swedish, but I'm sure they were much like other Dean-farewells I have attended. I'm always surprised how many people I either know or recognize me at such gatherings!

TGIF! Tomorrow the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment