Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gothenburg Greetings!


I composed many interesting blog posts in my head as I experienced my 16 hour journey -- the story of clothing going in and out of suitcases depending on who interpreted the weight limits, the story of Frankfurt airport requiring even more walking than Heathrow (it took me an hour of constant motion or wait-in-line to make my connection, which I did with 10 minutes to pull-back), and bags being examined and re-exained by TSA and the German equivalent because I had bags of eros and kroner. And driving from the airport to the university with the Director of International Accreditation -- I haven't talked AACSB for that long since I left SHU!

Kajsa dropped me at a special business & jazz lecture, which a was nice because "everyone" was there. I arrived in the middle of the presentation (without my camera) and don't remember a word of the presentation or music, but it was better than unpacking my bags
! I walked back to the hotel, negotiating cobble stones and dodging trams and bikes (no-one wears a helmet) when I needed to cross the street. I had excellent tapas for supper -- this is a university town with lots and lots of cafes, restaurants of all nationalities, coffee shops and pubs.

Now I'm settled in my hotel room (just round the corner from my office) until Saturday, when I will go to Ockero, and be there when Ulla returns from China on Sunday evening. The Hotel Vasa is a basic, comfortable hotel. My room is small but has everything I need.










Tomorrow I plan to "get established" in my office. Just what that means we'll all have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment