Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In between the work


I accomplished some good writing today - though you might never
know it from my other excursions -- including a walk to the harbor to buy a shrimp "sandwich" for lunch,
and fresh mackerel for supper (apparently no one in Ockero eats fish that has been out of the water for more than 9 hours). You'll have to believe me when I tell you it was delicious grilled (with the head on of course) because I was so busy on potato-detail (about all I can be trusted with) that I forgot to take photos!

Late afternoon on Ulla and I helped Victor load a trailer with the "residue" from the several trees he has chopped down round the perimeter of Ulla's garden. A neighbor took the trunks and main branches to use as firewood. Even so Victor took six full loads and a seventh with "scraps" to the landfill (open on Wednesdays 5-8 PM).

2 comments:

  1. the weather looks beautiful. what is the temperature (farenheit please)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was 59F, today 54F. But it seems warmer in the sun- and out of the wind when we are on the island

    ReplyDelete