Sunday, May 23, 2010

Settling in

I had the day-- and the house-- to myself. Victor left early to drive to Malmo to pick up a Hobbie Cat he had bought over the internet yesterday -- and I have no idea when to expect him

back. So, I put my clothes in good order (washing, ironing, hanging, etc.), went grocery shopping (by car, haven't found my assigned bike yet), took a nap, and went for a couple of walks. I debated sitting outside (lots of people were out on their decks or sitting in the garden) but it's windy here and Ulla has so many garden projects in process that it is hard to find a relaxing spot.
Everything is as I remembered it (I was only here last October), the flags and pennants

the little beach with seaweed, fishing boats in the harbor and styles of the island houses


Not all boats are in the water, and









the lilac are only just coming into bloom.

Now established, I quickly dispensed with a couple of "final revisions" to book chapters that had been nagging at me for weeks.

I'm ready for Ulla's return tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment