Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pre-conference activity

Doing half-loads of laundry, some ironing, sorting & looking at possible outfits, selecting, packing small suitcase, adding more jewelry possibilities. And another sweater. Last-minute searching and reading for presentations. Firmly telling myself I don't need to take all my books and papers on the topic. Looking longingly at books. No! Making handouts, collecting supplies for design-thinking exercise. Checking on credentials of presenters in the session I am facilitating. Realizing I could have added something more to handout. Resisting making new version and copies. Telling myself 20 copies will be more than enough. Stopping to play with iPad every so often.Purging briefcase, reloading briefcase, checking briefcase. Remembering last-minute chores, doing them. Making sure I have a copy of the meeting room plan and schedule in my briefcase. Backing up computer. Charging camera battery. Putting out clothes for tomorrow, putting bags close to front door (have an early start). Allowing Jack to have ownership of iPad for weekend (but he's coming along for the ride.) Checking once again that I have .pptx AND .ppt versions of slides.
How many times have I done this routine?

1 comment: