Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday activities


I woke up to a beautiful sunny day -- here's the view from my hotel room. People were wearing short-seleved shirts and even shorts, and the tables and chairs outside the cafes were full. everyone is saying, "summer's here" - but it's really

still spring, as indicated by the daffodils in the park.

I accomplished many "getting established" tasks. I made the acquaintance of the "superhandyman" to get my building door card re-keyed for the new floor, and to get a "real key" for my office. I dealt with the GU network, renewed my library card, and met the Guest Professor Liaison
when he brought me my mobile phone. In-between I Skyped with Ulla in China to discuss the appropriate style for the Business and Design Lab name and with Steve in the US to get advice on application for initial AACSB accreditation, discussed the etymology of the word "problem" with Marcus, and set the printer drivers on my computer so I could print the final draft of the "BDL-perspectives" book chapters.

Food report (no pics): Breakfast in hotel (read my English-language newspaper on the iPad), lunch salad in "And the Bakery" across from the office building, and dinner in a restaurant along Vasagatan (excellent lamb).

New word of the day: Hiss.
The hotel hiss takes only 3 people -- and that must be a crush. Here are my shoes in the middle of the floor.



1 comment:

  1. They have a Guest Professor Liaison?
    "Dorothy, we're not at SHU anymore...."

    Glad that the weather is welcoming you in such a nice fashion, and that you're getting settled.

    How did you take that photo of your shoes in the HISS? The angle is from quite high above, no? Was the HISS going DOWN with your shoes in it?

    ReplyDelete