Saturday, April 24, 2010

Again?

Yes! More gardening! Back to Holdridge's Nursery in Ledyard for azaleas for the east side of the house -- we are replacing the fir "bushes" surrounding the air handler. They had grown too big and the carpenter who replaced the east side siding last year said they were contributing to the mildew problem.









And while we were there I spotted some portulaca to replenish the rose-rock
bed. It's an annual but reseeds itself every year, if I have patience to wait till the seeds spout and grow. This way I get a head start!



I'm getting a head start on my EAM presentation as well. I blocked out the "Wicked Problem" slides and spent/wasted? a good hour searching for suitable images to add to make the design more interesting. I'm working on a handout, too. I have to blame my insistence on a handout from a presentation by Edward Tufte of Yale that I attended in about 1993! It makes a pleasant diversion from my editing chore that otherwise could take over my waking moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment