Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday snakes


Apart from a trip to the True Value hardware store for a new shovel that ended up being $400+ of a new Bar-B-Q and various yard stuff, I devoted my time to my design assignment. The "snake in the grass" inspired by "Mr. Snake" who has lived here close to the front door for several years, went well in the conceptualizing and articulation of the color palette phases.

But after the prototype my impatience took over and I went on a binge of trying different colors and cutting grass on a whim rather than to a pattern.

The result is unsatisfactory.


I have neither time nor energy nor an inexhaustible supply of color paper to make it better. Tomorrow I will attack the second part of the assignment (the same design with a "revealing" color palette) and try to make my previous errors good. Only then will I return to this board to try to improve it.

1 comment:

  1. in the first picture the placement of the eye makes the snake look like he is smiling. moving the eye more to center of the dark gray "head" in the second pic works better. I like that the end of the tail is hiding behind the grass in the 2nd picture.

    ReplyDelete