Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good news day


THE VERY BEST: Lynda, a friend and colleague from SHU. had the courage to sell her house CT, where she had lived all (?) her life, and move to North Carolina to a place she had dreamed of living for several years. Today her three month intensive job search paid off, and next week she will start in a new position in new industry in an organization with (yet again) a new religious affiliation different from her own. Jack and I toasted her future with champagne. I have no doubt she will soon be as indispensable to her new bosses as she was at SHU.

Good luck, Lynda!










GOOD: I finished and emailed the chapter revision (2nd) that has been haunting me for the last couple of weeks. No word from the editor yet -- I hope it doesn't come back again. In the interim I had a Skype meeting withe the designer I will be working with on my next project -- that one sounds like fun!

NOT SO GOOD: I started to work out the details and cut colored paper for my "snake in the grass" design class project. At first all went well, but now I cannot capture the essence or "snakeness" with my limited design and craft ability. I put the exercise to one side, hoping for inspiration tomorrow. Otherwise I will need to think up a new design. I hope not.

MORE? The evening is young ....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, good friends, for all of your support and good wishes as our adventure continues.....

    Good luck with the revised paper--did you mark it "do not return to sender?"

    ReplyDelete