Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Talk and more talk

If yesterday was reading day, today was talking day, evenly divided between colleagues in Sweden (Kasja, Gothenburg U Director of International Accreditation, about how I can advise on AACSB, and Ulla on the status of 8 papers we have in the pipeline, including today's acceptance of one for the Design Management Review), and in Massachusetts (Diana and Deb about our upcoming presentation at EAM and generally catching up.)

Afterwards I had to rush to make the first pie in the bakeoff.
I thought it was called Jumble Berry, but when I looked at the recipe from "The Complete Book of Pies" by Julie Hanson, (published 2008 by Robert Rose Inc., Toronto), I saw it was Jam Berry Crumble Pie.

The chief taster gave it a 6 pie rating = "incredibly delicious."

(The rating scale has been extended for this round, with 1-3 as before; 4=not as good as I remembered, 5=delicious (highest before), 6=incredibly delicious, and 7= heavenly.)

The jam berry crumble pie also earned my "foolproof to make" star.

2 comments:

  1. this one could be the winner. or, will you have a sweet category AND a savory category?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One pie takes all. There is only one contender for a savory category in the bakeoff, so they can all go together!

    ReplyDelete