Sunday, April 18, 2010

Done ....but ...


... not done well! My design homework "didn't come together." I don't know if my design was too ambitious or my art (for drawing the design) or craft (for cutting and glueing) insufficient, but whatever the reason, I felt little satisfaction as I crafted the final piece. My workspace was as messy as usual, and try as I might to do otherwise, I kept leaving little paper burrs from my Xacto knife cuts, and these collected little pieces of rubber cement as I tried to rub off excess glue. And when I tried to repair pieces in place, I just made even more mess. Anyway, I can't do anything more in a purposeful way -- and fortunately I don't have time to try different colored papers ad hoc. So here are my two "Snakes-in-the-Grass" The top one should "vibrate" - or at least the snake should be obvious; the second one should "reveal" the snake hiding in the grass.

I hope the prof responds with a crit -- I'd like to know how it could be better.

1 comment:

  1. both snakes appear to be doing what they're supposed to, "vibrating" in the bright grass, and "hiding" in the muted colors. can't wait to hear what the prof has to say. i say--good job!

    ReplyDelete