Thursday, February 25, 2010

Breakthrough ....maybe

Today I THINK (hope) I had a breakthrough in the two design assignments that I have left from Design I -- the logos for a company and myself. In class one of the students spoke about being able to see designs clearly in her head, and then struggling to implement them. I never had that experience -- I would just experiment until I found something. Today I had an inkling of this approach -- while I was Skyping with Ulla I asked her what image she had for the Business and Design Lab. She told me that Rolf Wolf (Dean of Business School) had drawn a B and a D back-to-back to indicate that they never talked to each other -- and that gave me an image to build on. It's not ready yet, but I do have a crude prototype.

And I'm also moving towards something for my personal logo after delving into heraldic symbols because I had the idea of a crest, and then separating myself from a realistic representation.

I look forward to seeing both of the designs when they are finished -- I wonder if they will look anything like these sketches.


No comments:

Post a Comment