Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Further investigations

I'm reading Bryan Lawson and Kees Dorst's book "Design Expertise" and find it describes the way I am now understanding "design" after my course - the similarities between the book and my experiences are quite remarkable. Maybe I'm projecting, but at the very least I now have a much better grasp of the process. Interestingly, I selected this book at random from among my collection waiting to be read. I thought it might follow Schon's "Reflective Practitioner" well, and it does. I must ask my colleagues at the Business & Design Lab if any of them have read it and if so, their opinion. I know a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, so I must be appropriately humble.

Otherwise I'm trying to finish a number of projects "in process." I hope the BDL position paper is now done, and tomorrow will revisit the proposal for an article in DMR. I also made a little headway on my two remaining design class projects -- for my personal logo I started to sketch a coat of arms, so after delving onto heraldry courtesy of Wikipedia, I am in process of designing one with proper heraldic significance. I can hardly wait till I start trying to cut the shapes out of black paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment