Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2nd

Ground Hog day ---there may have been sun in Puxatawany, but there was none here.

So we travelled north to the paragon of design for everyday living -- Ikea (there's one in Tampa.) We needed a stand for our new (to here) TV, but of course we came away with more than a single package! Making the furniture waits for another day.












At Ikea the design of the experience -- service design -- is as interesting as the furniture and accessories. We completed our purchases -- from finding what we wanted, comparing it with other options, collecting our selection, and paying, all effortlessly and without interaction with a member of the staff.

And for a diversion, I worked on my Academy of Management paper reviews. I've done two - one reject (it was purely descriptive and uncritical) and one accept (no doubt there). I've two more to go because the CMS division chair just sent me a fourth.




No comments:

Post a Comment