Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Crit (2)

Not so good this week -- only one of my designs gathered praise -- the Near/Far using the MacDonald's arch. I hadn't used the white-on-black contrast as well as I might. In fact I have to redo at least two of the designs. I've gained the name "Lady Literal" for my desire to represent "reality." I had already come to the conclusion that I hadn't used enough white on black, and as soon as I saw the other students' work, my suspicions were verified. One student in particular does incredible work -- he must be an artist or designer of some sort by profession. But the instructor gives criticism in a positive way, always providing the reason/theory behind what is lacking. And it was helpful to see the other student's work and hear their crit. Management professors could learn a lot from the process.

One person was missing from class today, so the group project became a solo project -- too bad, I would have enjoyed some group interaction. We have to design a logo. I feel completely stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment