Saturday, February 13, 2010

Working on design

It was cold outside today (50F, 10C) so I settled down to finish by design class assignments. One in particular -- calm/agitated -- gave me a lot of trouble. I'd decided on curved and angular "scribbles" to represent the concepts, but no matter how I arranged the pieces of pare, it didn't look right. In the end I said "done" and will ask the instructor what arrangement would appeal to the eye. Here's my completed set -- the board was divided into two 4inch squares with half an inch between them. I tried to "connect with the edges" and "create a visual hierarchy" as two design principles I learned last class. Tomorrow's crit will tell me how successful I was.

Constrained-Expansive





Near-Far








Balanced-Unbalanced





Calm-Agitated









And my own choice: Rough - Smooth





No comments:

Post a Comment