Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Like night and day

If yesterday was a "fun day" with resignation celebrations and puttering among various non-academic projects, today was the opposite - a day of hard slog (all day with breaks only for meals) attending to the publisher's proof of Ulla's and my chapter in Positive Design and Appreciable Construction: From Sustainable Development to Sustainable Value. I sent my responses to the publisher's queries and my own last changes (all detailed in the manner requested by the publisher) at 8:45 PM. I hope only to see the chapter again in its printed, hardcopy form.

OK, OK, I can hear my followers saying something like, "Writing a chapter for a book with a title like that, you deserve all the slogging you need to do."

The story began with a phone call from one of the editors on May 4, 2009, inviting us to send the manuscript we had submitted for a conference for inclusion in the book -- mind you, our paper had been rejected for the conference! I think the paper has been back to us for three revisions even before this final proof -- including a disastrous experience with a professional editor. All that's in the past now, and it counts as a solid contribution from the Business & Design Lab.

Needless to say, I didn't even think of working on the 2-b-named dinghy. Jack did a little more varnishing and polishing, but my camera was not in use today.

Time to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment