Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day one minus one.

It's rainy and cool here in Gig Harbor, which limited activities for the last day of summer freedom for Alexis and Ethan. We went the Seattle Aquarium, as did every other family with children under 10, and anyone with children under 4 brought a push-chair. It was crowded. But we enjoyed the exhibits - especially seeing a diver hand feed fish in one of the huge tanks. He had whole small fish which in held between his fingers until one of the fish swam up and took it. There were also exhibits of more in quantity and more colorful starfish and anemones than I have ever seen. (imagine a photo here)

Afterwards we went to REI, an outdoors outfitter. It is the flagship store and it is huge, with what seemed like unlimited selections for whatever you might want to buy, whether it was boots, backpacks, or bike accessories. I wanted to see some "accessories" for our Galapagos adventure , but there were so many choices for the things I was interest in that I was overwhelmed, and came away empty handed. Probably just as well because once I started shopping, I would have bought lots of stuff. (imagine a photo of me trying out walking poles.)

I haven't made much progress on the time change. 8pm and I'm ready to go to bed. Hope I don't wake up at 4 again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You are on the right coast - it's getting stormy on the east coast right now.

    ReplyDelete