Sunday, August 8, 2010

The new normal?

I don't know how many times I read that phrase in today's NYTimes -- and yes! I did get through most of the paper! The breeze was just right for a sail this afternoon -- skill needed to exit and enter the Lord's Point "harbor", then close hauled down to Noank where there was plenty of boat activity, and a run back home before the wind died. Afterwards I "discovered" (or worked out how to do) a procedure in Photoshop that will make my paper a manageable size for distributing over the web. I was delighted! (Maybe the trolls had something to do with it ;-)

Finally I returned to pie-making mode -- three pies remain in the bakeoff -- and produced a peach custard pie. It only received a 5-pie rating from Jack because the custard was a little runny. My taster says this one doesn't count and I must make it again!

If this is the new normal, I'm all for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment