Thursday, August 5, 2010

Work day


The weather changed throughout the day: first flat calm, then a ferocious thunderstorm with almost simultaneous lightning flash and thunder roll as it passed overhead, and finally, when it was too late to sail, clear air and a pleasant breeze. We occupied ourselves with
projects: Jack installed a new motor in the kitchen skylight, and I made a first pass at incorporating a pen-and-inksketch into a photo. (I need to make myself a bit bigger -- but that's a task for tomorrow!)

When I became too frustrated with the process I enjoyed a vase of gladioli from the "garden". Several years ago someone, Shari perhaps, gave us some bulbs that we planted under the pussy willow tree at the edge of the grass for want of somewhere else to put them. This year they produced many magnificent blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment