Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Old and new


Do you remember this place? Maybe you've never seen it, but it was still the center of my daily life this time last year. It's Roncalli Hall at Sacred Heart University, a dormitory with the Welch College of Business on the second floor. I was back there today for a couple of hours trying to help Rupendra find background data files for assurance of learning activities. To my chagrin I was not very successful with older files, but at least he knows now that they do not exist so need not waste more time looking for them. I saw several former colleagues as well.

I decided to try to minimize frustrations by buying a book to help with Adobe Elements 8. This one -- the only one I could find in Borders that discussed the Mac version-- is really simple, but already very helpful. And it only cost $15. All the same, unless I can progress quickly up the learning curve, it will be a long time before I can do the "tricks" I need for my graphic novel project. I hope I'll have a positive report tomorrow and some good examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment