Saturday, August 7, 2010

Oh! ... so THAT's the reason!

I've come up with a hypothesis (note, not yet a theory) why I've been having so much trouble with Photoshop. I've selected a troll as my doppelganger in my graphic novel, and today when surfing Wikipedia I came across this:
In Swedish everyday folklore trolls often were blamed for bad luck or accidents - in some parts of Sweden they still, when things go wrong, say: "Det går troll i det här". This can can be translated with "There are trolls in this" or "This has become troll-infested" meaning that something brings or has extraordinary misfortune coming with it. For example: If everything goes wrong in a project you can say: "Det verkar som om det går troll i det här projektet" meaning "It looks like this project is cursed by the trolls".

I'll have to read some more to find out how to humor a troll - maybe with gifts or good food or a soft bed to sleep in rather than under a bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment