Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Strange behavior

Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate to shop, so when I tell you I've been on a shopping spree lately you'll wonder what's got over me. Getting equipped for our Galapagos adventure is the reason. I've been in bricks and clicks at EMS (hiking boots & socks, short, longs), Lands End (two-piece swimsuits), L.L.Bean (raincoat & trousers), West Marine (water/boat shoes, hat) and the Aqua Shop (wetsuit, gloves) Here's the (~$1,000) result -
How does it compare with the suggested equipment list?

I think I've made all the big purchases, and I plan to use just about everything in some part of the rest of my life. Now I'll take a breather before hunting out the rest of the stuff I need from my various closets, drawers, and storage spots. I can always go to REI with Mary when we visit her at the end of the month if I'm missing anything.

I made a little progress with Photoshop but it's going to be slow going. I have to decide -- do I "learn it right" and work through the manual doing every task, or do I just learn the tricks I need for my graphic novel project? I suppose I should look ahead to how far/long it is till I learn how to cut and paste between photos which is what I need to do. Here's my output from today, an old fashioned photo of me modeling my new rain suit. I think it looks more like a
traditional black and white photo so obviously I still have lots to learn. The picture on the right is the original.


No more Photoshopped pictures until I can show you a finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment