Thursday, March 4, 2010

An exotic world

We spent this afternoon at the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens -- a world-renown haven for epiphytes, and were awed by the display of orchids, ferns, and trees large and small.






The wind was too cold to sit for long under the Bo tree waiting for enlightenment -- something I surely need for the analysis process needed for a current writing project with Ulla. We wrote a "one week paper" for the 2008 DMI conference in Paris that made a good point, but more through intuition than rigorous research. Afterwards we started to do the background work while I was in Sweden during my sabbatical. But we left it unfinished when other duties called, and now we have another two year's worth of data. I've been trying to think of a "quick and dirty way" of reaching an end-point, but in my heart of hearts I know that is neither satisfying nor possible, and I'd better settle down and do the required work in a rigorous fashion. . .. Or go back to the Bo tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment