Sunday, March 28, 2010

Starting the countdown

Today was my last day in the design class; there is one more class after Easter and I have arranged to attend by Skype -- a new concept for the prof although I now he uses Skype for family stuff. The color assignments are "schoolbook stuff" -- proving that we understand how to execute some of Albers key principles. I did "well enough" with my two boards with 4 colors as 3 and 3 colors as 4 (2 examples each), plus a red0 in class of one of the boards.

And, I finished the company Logo project from the first part of the
class. Here's my prototype of a logo for the Business & Design Lab. Ulla saw the version before the Crit and subsequent changes, and her comment was ... "Interesting." Any other comments?

This week I need to do the two "transparency" exercises so I can send them to the prof before we leave town next Sunday afternoon. All being well -- especially the weather -- we will be heading for Kennedy Space Center next Sunday for the shuttle launch @ 6:40 AM on Monday. This will be our first stop on the journey north.

Which means that this week "clean up, pack up, pack out" are the order of the day. The to-do/done list changes hourly.

3 comments:

  1. I like the "movement" in the BDL logo (arrow and swirls) but not sure why the "B" is backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. sounds like a busy week. good luck with the packing. you shouldn't be quite as full for the trip back as you were going down, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. B is backwards because one of the deans who founded the BDL said that the business school and the design school faced completely different directions - and then drew the two letters "back to back."

    I'll let you know how full the car is after it's packed!

    ReplyDelete